18 May 2010

Vlog: Setback?

So, I have my camera. I have Sony Vegas Movie Maker Platinum Pro. I have everything I need to make an awesome vlog complete with subtitles. But... I have a problem: I am camera shy (?).

For one... I am/was bilingual. I originally wanted to do my vlog in ASL. However... I don't know how people will react. I am worried that people will make assumptions about me and will get offended. Also, I don't think I want to broadcast my face. Sure, I can use a very effective way to mask my identity completely while still being able to retain clear facial expression. But.... I think eventually someone will find out who I really am. And things will backfire.

I thought about just doing a blog in voiced English with subtitles. But I still would have the issue of broadcasting myself on the internet. At least with a regular blog with text only I can stay fairly anonymous. If I start a vlog, I will expose myself to the world. And I will likely be subject to ridicule and undue hatred.

So... my worries and fears are stopping me from creating my vlog. For now, I think I will just stick with this blog, until I figure something out.

2 comments:

  1. You can always wear a disguise, I suppose.

    I thought about videotaping myself learning ASL songs, but I did not want to broadcast my face to the world. I still want to remain pretty anonymous.

    I say go for it, if it is something you want to do. I understand your worries. But, if you truly don't want certain people to find out who you are, then I would not vlog; stick with blogging.

    There will always be someone out there who will not agree with you. You will get criticism, no matter what. But, this is my favorite part!

    Just think about it. Test it out. If it feels right, do it. :)

    (e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should totally broadcast some songs!

    I think I will do both a vlog and a blog. To maintain anonymity, I won't link the two together. This will be the blog, while the vlog will be strictly on Youtube... I think?

    Or I might also do both kinds of vlogs. I might do my ASL ones in disguise and my voiced ones in normal face. Or I might do just the voice ones. Recent events have made me even more nervous to broadcast normal-me with ASL.

    Thank you for commenting! You're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete